Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aftermarket Radio for my 1978 FJ40

Wodge

Country Flag
united_states
Can anyone help me to find a aftermarket radio that will fit the original dash opening of a 1978 toyota land cruiser FJ40 without cutting the opening.

Hi Wodge,

When I acquired my BJ40 a radio came with it. I have never fitted it and I do not know if it works , although the light came on when I 'tested' it but I didn't have any suitable speakers, so it has sat on a top shelf for years but it fits the slot. That is assuming that the FJ slot is the same as the BJ and I can't think of a reason why they would be different.
But BJs are 24volt and FJs are 12volt but if you think that you could get the necessary conversion done then PM me.

Regards,

Rodger

The hole in my BJ 40 seems to be a single din size
@Rodger my BJ is 12v

@David You imported yours from Oz if I remember correctly. In Australia the LCs are all 12 volt so I guess they all run reduction starters.

Regards,

Rodger

And mine has only the one battery

Can anyone help me to find a aftermarket radio that will fit the original dash opening of a 1978 toyota land cruiser FJ40 without cutting the opening.
I have an old Alpine in mine....they might still make something like that. It's just in there for aesthetics now …..it was an AM/FM cassette with an amplifier in the glove box and speakers where the foot vents are. I'm running a Kenwood now with amp and subwoofer under the front seat and a center console. Lots of things to try I guess.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back