Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Air Mattresses

Navraj Singh

Garage
Hey guys,

Looking into buying an air mattress and with all the options around and prices I have no idea what to go for.

It will not only be used for camping but for any guests that may show up. As we are five friends sharing a house this happens more often than not :drool:

Any suggestions

Cheers Nav

We bought a large double Coleman blow-up mattress from Go Outdoors and it's the best of the type we've used - it has multiple partitions so you don't end up flopping into the middle, and the surface covering for the top is a plush velour type thing so not all sweaty and sticky. Great value - highly recommended!

Cheers Gary,

Will look into it.

Is it better to get the ones that have an external pump or the ones that have an inbuilt one?

When I was 'ground' camping before I got a roof tent I used a self-inflating mattress that has a valve which you unplug, roll the mattress out and air rushes in, put the plug back and voila! just reverse the procedure to store it rolled up. Like Garys it has a velour surface, only about 5cm thick when inflated, it was very comfy on hard ground :thumbup:

I just use the tyre pump - not the most efficient but it gets the job done. We also have a couple of Coleman camp beds (stretchers) which are pretty good too!

Mines a double, don't know the make but it's about 4 inches thick and a little thicker at the pillows end and I use a 12v pump. Fantastically comfy jar put as much air in it as you like, and it wasn't expensive from riversway leisure.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I also have a Coleman double which works really well even though I'm a little heavier than my missus... When I'm camping without the missus, I use an Exped Downmat Pump 9 which is an excellent piece of kit. You also get Synmats but they aren't quite as warm in cold conditions.

you will not get better than an aerobed. superb for camping or overnight guests. i'm a propper gear freak, and have done extensive research :ugeek: i use one at work ( nights as a firefighter) 2 nights out of 8, and have done for over a year. easily as good as a bed. inflate / deflate in under a minute. 12v and 240v options.

http://www.aerobed.co.uk/pages/compare. ... tAodWC3Vug

shop around.

Back