Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Alarm keeps going off randomly

Asif Kazani

Country Flag
pakistan
Hi!
I have a 2009 Land Cruier URJ-202 since new. However, since the last week, the alarm seems to be going off randomly wherever I park. I have tried pressing both the lock and unlock button on the key of to cycle through the key fob sync. Also, disconnected the bonnet lock swith speculating that it may have developed some fault but am against the wall so far. I would be grateful if someone can help. Thanks

I noticed that mobile phones left in my car upset my 80's alarm; I suspect the 'ni ni ni' interference noise that you get on the radio just before a call comes through is also what the alarm wiring 'hears' and mistakes for glass breaking. Have you put any new devices in the car? I can put my alarm into a mode that ignores the internal sensors by locking twice, which makes that problem go away.

I also noticed that if a VW with WiFi is parked near me I cannot get the alarm to unlock. That's probably signal interference. "You've got wifi in this camper haven't you" has been said to perplexed campers a few times over the years :laughing:

I had a motorbike alarm that went off if the battery is running flat as it thinks a thief is disconnecting the power to disable the alarm. Any issues with starting / changes to the battery system?

A funny one I heard about a Ranger Rover was that locals kept setting off the alarm so that the owner would one day think it was just defective and not bother with it, at which point it got stolen. But you're finding this problem in various places, not just at home, correct?

Thank you so much for helping out. The problem occurs at all random locations ie home, office and other locations. Also, no devices near or inside vehicle.
I did see a post about a glass break sensor/inertia sensor but that post was for a series 90 or 100. I don't see any such sensor in the cubby hole for the jack.

Leave the windows open for a bit so any flies/bees/moths/whatever can fly away

Also check your battery voltage is OK. When the battery isnt holding a decent voltage, the slightest thing can cause it to dip then the alarm senses a voltage drop and triggers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just a couple of points to think about. I have been locking the car with the key and the alarm doesn't go off. Also, coming across a post on the internet, I pressed the "off" button on the car icon next to the sunroof switch. Message on the instrument panel says Theft sensor off, and locked the car normally. Alarm hasn't gone off. Please advise what possible areas I need to look at. No flies or insects in the car.

Also, if anybody can tell me where the motion sensor is located on the LC 200 please. Thanks

If its anything like the 120, the motion sensor is in the housing where the button is, a similar arrangement. Off means the alarm won't trigger if it detects movement, or someone breaking a window.
Have you tried resetting it, i.e. turn it back on ?
You don't have any furry dice (lol) or air fresheners swinging do you ?
Maybe a spider has built a nest inside it. ?

Any idea where the motion sensor is located so that I can have it looked at please? We don't have dealers /mechanics competent enough here in Pakistan. It seems like a simple issue but damn hard to pin point the fault.

Yes. Would really help if someone can help identify location of the motion sensor as well as the sensor that triggers alarm when the vehicle is being jacked up/lifted. Thanks

In the Entry and Start menu, either Autel or Toyota Techstream, there is a field by the name of "Pattern Glass Connection". This seems to reflect "Ok"and switches to " Not Good" . Can anyone please direct me where this sensor is located as it seems that this could very well be the cause. Totally at a dead end on this Alarm triggering randomly. Thanks

Back