Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Auto Box ECU

Andy

Supporter
Country Flag
england
I have just changed my autobox valve body this afternoon, following the EXCELLENT step by step write up by Jon in the 'how to' section.
Have just washed the ATF out of my hair!!!

My next step is fitting the manual lock up switch, but I cant seem to find the auto box ECU that I need to wire it into.

Can anybody give me any pointers as to where I can find this ECU please.

Its a 1994 12 valve 80 with the A442F box

Andy

It's above the base of the brake pedal, not to hard to see or get at but a bit of a fiddle to work on the lock up wire. Never got wiring instructions with mine, just cut the lock up solenoid wire and ran it through the supplied relay with a different switch so I could mount it on the gear selector.

Thanks Jon, will check that out in the morning,

Thanks again for your instructions, I followed them even to the point of having a cuppa at the specified point!

Got a really nice atf shower when I put the airline in to remove the accumalator piston.............cant say I wasnt warned though :lol:

I just hope that those little rubber seals have stayed in the right place now

Andy

After about the 10th time doing that job I felt like I had a clue what I was doing but the 1st time was scary, well done :) Those centre support gaskets are a PITA but if one slipped I think you'd struggle to get the VB bolted up properly and know about it. Big relief when you get that middle bolt back in :D

To be honest Jon, it seemed to go back up & get that middle bolt in too easily!

Back