Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Automatic gearbox selection 120 series

Hi again TONY, went out again after lunch all calm, this time much firmer. It came off almost with a bang and I thought it was u/s, but on inspection all good. You were right those diamond clips are strong !
Anyway, took the gate off, and there's the plunger laying on the floor. After much grease on the new parts and on the gate I reassembled that area and tried, - much better but still bit 'gritty' so I greased all moving parts, plastic included + linkage, with a great difference. Much more smooth and positive now, very little movement, and what there is I attribute to wear. It stays in d4 now, where before I had to hold it over, seems easier to engage the lower gears now. The consol parts were just almost as much aggro replacing, as both sides needed equal pressure to engage properly, if one side engaged first the strong clips held on pizzed, and other side wouldn't go down. Thanks a bunch mate, Im off to give the punch bag a serious dressing down now !!

Hi again TONY, went out again after lunch all calm, this time much firmer. It came off almost with a bang and I thought it was u/s, but on inspection all good. You were right those diamond clips are strong !
Anyway, took the gate off, and there's the plunger laying on the floor. After much grease on the new parts and on the gate I reassembled that area and tried, - much better but still bit 'gritty' so I greased all moving parts, plastic included + linkage, with a great difference. Much more smooth and positive now, very little movement, and what there is I attribute to wear. It stays in d4 now, where before I had to hold it over, seems easier to engage the lower gears now. The consol parts were just almost as much aggro replacing, as both sides needed equal pressure to engage properly, if one side engaged first the strong clips held on pizzed, and other side wouldn't go down. Thanks a bunch mate, Im off to give the punch bag a serious dressing down now !!
Well done kid .

Back