Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Big thanks

THL

Country Flag
europe
Not sure if this is the right section but I wanted to say a BIG THANKS to @Trevor for his help and patience yesterday.

Rather than chuck it at someone I wanted to learn how to work on the 80 for some basic items. As some of you might have seen, what was going to be a simple filters and oil change turned into something larger. With question marks over when some key items were last refreshed it was best to baseline the lot. The list was as follows;

Replace water pump (so might as well do the timing belt, tensioner and idlers too)
Aux belts
All filters
Change engine oil
Change differential oil
Change transfer box oil
Change gearbox oil
Grease 4 x universal joints
Check front wheel bearings
Change front pads

I spent the day with Trevor yesterday who walked me through everything, not to mention trusting me with his tools.

Parts ready to go
jjqqkx.jpg

Pads done
id85kg.jpg

Due to some spectacularly stuck filler/drain plugs (I 'm unsure if the gearbox oil has been changed in the last 100,000 miles!) and a snapped bolt we didn't quite get to the belts and water pump. Thats for another day. really please with what we achieved.

Annoying!
10ne151.jpg

Although this might seem like simple stuff to most I really enjoyed working on it and to have the knowledge to do it myself next time feels great.

Cheers Trevor id85kg.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work. I tried to delete the last image and like you can't... odd

Reactions: THL
I've had @Trevor work on my truck and can't recommend him enough, actually, that reminds me I've still got a few jobs for him :)

Reactions: THL
Back