Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Birfield joints and camber adustment

Oofta

Hey I'm Oofta and have put 610,000 miles on my 93 fj80. Recently I had front Birfield replacements and the camber angle appears a bit positive (and symmetrically so) to my visual inspection. And the steering now seems to "bite" slightly with normal steering wheel corrections on the highway. I hear differing opinions on whether or not the camber angle is adjustable on the fj80. I have been told that the shims perform this function, and I have been told that the shims do not perform this function and there is no camber adjustment to be made on this vehicle. Any opinions? (BTW axles are not bent). Thx!

logically thinking, if you didnt have a problem before the CVs were replaced, have the shims been removed when the work was carried out?

in standard form the only ajustment is toe in and toe out, did you have a wheel alignment, and if so did you get a printout showing the final mesurements?

Shims were removed and replaced. I just now found out that alignment was not done. Thanks for your input.

Back