Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bumper spots.

Axeljoe

Country Flag
south_africa
Hi, I have a 2010 model 70s series landcruiser. I bought it second hand with a modified bumper that had been cut to fit a winch plate. I replaced it with a new spec bumper with fog lights, the lights plugged into a lug that was there but the new cruisers have a light switch to turn those on and my one doesn't. Any advice on how to get them to switch on?

I had to fit a rear fog light and just ran the wires to a switch to the battery , I never used it since but I assume it still works so somebody somewhere who makes a living by sitting in an office thinking up ways to piss people off remains happy .

I'm confused as there is a wiring harness that plugged into the new lights factory standard so a bit bummed they aren't working.

The vehicle has switches and wiring from factory as standard, but the actual lights were an option and not fitted?
You haven`t overlooked the obvious? (I frequently do:blush:) Is there a fuse in place? Relay present? Doubtful they would both be fitted if not needed.
Guessing they will only come on with side-lights and or dip-beam too?
Failing all that I`d start chasing around with a voltmeter.

I`ve recently fitted front fogs to my 95. No switch for the front ones that I could see, but there were some spare plugs which I assume were for them.
I spliced into the front side light feed. (that is already fuse protected) Took that to an illuminated switch in the cab. (that switch needs an earth to operate warning lamp)
From switch to relay under bonnet. Fused feed into relay from battery, and feed from there to front fogs.
It works, only with side lights on, (buzzer if left on) and is fuse protected as required.

Back