Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ceiling Cargo Net

kanya3

Supporter
Hi Guys. I doing a London-Capetown-Cairo road trip and have managed to reach upto Angola. I had to fly back to UK for a visa situation. While I am here, I am trying to get some spares/accessories that are not that easy to find en-route. You might have noticed some of my posts before and have received lot of helpful responses. One of the members Karl2000 took the trouble of sending me mud flaps all the way from Liverpool and didn't want to accept any payment for them. Thank you Karl2000. I am after some more suggestions again. Currently we only have two people in the car so middle row of seats has lot of stuff on them. Two of my friends will be joining me for few weeks in Namibia so I am trying to create more space in the car. I have brought back few things with me but was thinking of using all the available space with other types of storage solutions. I came across these ceiling cargo nets that I think might be helpful.

Has anyone used them before or any other types of net? I would like this over the middle row of seats as we still need access to the sunroof. I really can't remember where exactly the handles on 120 are and if this sort of net would allow middle row space to be covered?

Don't want to carry it all the way and find out out that it won't be suitable. If you are driving your 120 today, would you just taking pics of the passenger handles so I get some idea.Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_5694.jpg
    IMG_5694.jpg
    645.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Kanya, can't do pics on here mate, but if you want some photos with measurements, pm me with your email address, and I can send them that way.
Measuring my 2006 lc3, the net measurements are a close match side to side and back to front with the lc grab handles, as you load it there will be some sag obviously.
The grab handles to be used are situated at the door opening 2nd row of seats and in the load space to the rear. This would leave ample room for sunroof I think (I haven't got one)
The only reservation I would have would be slightly low headroom for the middle row passengers as that end of the net is just above their heads.
If it were me, at that price, I would take a chance.
I think whatever cargo net you have, it still relies on the position of those grab handles.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thank you all for your responses. Apologies I came back to Angola 2 wks ago and have been travelling since. I bought the one from Amazon and it has been extremely useful. My brother and cousin have joined me on the journey to South Africa for few weeks so it has come in handy to secure few things in the unuser space overhead. Here is a pic from today. Rafa next to Welwitchia plant in Nambian desert which looks more like Martian surface otherwise :)

Attachments

• 8DE3A927-D547-4803-AA12-E46BC48F3732.jpeg
    8DE3A927-D547-4803-AA12-E46BC48F3732.jpeg
    416.9 KB · Views: 23
Back