Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Central locking stopped working from key

WoolyFox

Country Flag
england
Good morning all and Merry Christmas.

My land cruiser has given me a gift, non functioning central locking from the remote!

Started off a month ago when it sometimes wouldn't unlock unless I was next to the car but always worked. Now it won't even do that if standing next to the car trying to unlock. All doors unlock fine using the key in the driver's door.

Once unlocked once the remote locking then works! I can unlock and lock the doors in the remote no problem.

I have already replaced the battery in the key (CR1616 as written on the battery cover) and still have the problem.

I wonder if it's the battery or the fuse. I am erring towards dying battery as on cold mornings the car interior lights are very dim when cranking the engine then stay dim for a good 2 minutes. Same happens if you put on the rear window heater, side mirror heater and seat heaters on cold mornings. I do not see dimming of interior lights if the car is already warmed up or it's warm weather.

Before I invest in a 830A CCA battery, can someone suggest the next step in trouble shooting?

I have read the other threads on this but saw the solution was a new key fob battery which hasn't worked in my case.

If you can, Put the Battery on a Trickle Charge through the night, See if it makes any difference when you crank it over in the morning.. Plus do the usual things like check battery leads, make sure they are not loose, Check body and engine Earths etc and fuses, Do the simple things that dont cost Money first... Then go from there!... Im sure there will be a 100 Owner who may have had the same problem. That will be along to Help!

Hi, not all key fob batteries are equal, mine did the same as you describe a few months ago so changed both batteries in both fobs and not had the problem since, but our other car the fob stopped working and noticed the little LED had stopped showing so put a new battery in the fob and still did not work so suspected it was the fog so went down to the dealer and explained what I had done, the poped out the one I had just put in and put one of theirs in and hay presto it worked, the other point (I have just noticed you have the V8) so it might only have one battery but if it has two you should always replace as a pair and not just one

Back