Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Changing from a 120 to a 100

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi all,

This is sort of "PUTTING OUT THE FEELERS" to see if there are any 100 series owners thinking about a change.

I am thinking of changing my silver June 2005, diesel 120 series, for a diesel 100 series.

But not just yet.

We are heading back to UK from China, but not directly.
We are first off to Germany, France, then Spain, for 3 months, so would really only be getting back to UK around the middle of August.

My 2005 Land Cruiser has been very well looked after, and does have high miles of around 245,xxx.
All backed up from day one, with Toyoya main dealer full history.
Ultimatly reliable.
She has also had the recall for the injector sealing washers, but were found not to be leaking anyway.

If she does go, then it will go with two sets of wheels.
One set is the BFG All Terrain, 265 x 70 x R17 on standard six spoke alloy Land Cruiser rims, about 10 mm tread.
The alternate set is a set of Mastercraft Courser, 265 x 70 x R17 also on standard six spoke alloy Land Cruiser rims, about 12 mm tread.
The BFG tyres will have a set of digital tyre pressure monitors to them, with drivers tyre pressure and temperature display.

She is sitting very nice on Iron Man 50 mm springs and shocks, which give a slightly firmer ride than the standard wallowing standard springs and shocks.
New pair of 12 volt batteries fitted by Toyota about a years ago.
New alternator fitted about 20,000 miles ago.

There is a chromed 3 inch "A" bar fitted, which can of course, be simply unbolted and removed.
She is the 8 seater, with 8 seat belts.
No holed or torn seats.

West Coast have fitted a snorkel for me, which is same colour as the truck.
The engine pulls very well, no smoke on start-up or running, and does run over 100 mph with ease.
Autobox is faultless, as is the rear locking diff.

Any way, this is sort of "PUTTING OUT THE FEELERS" to see if there is a 100 series ownere thinking about a change also.

MOT is due 11th May, so she will have the remaining 9 months
TAX is due end of (I think) so again, the remaining 9 months.
Toyota main dealer service will be done around end of May.

I have in my mind, that I want a 100 series from about 1999 to about 2003, but thats just outward thinking.
Cash either way.

Gra.

Attachments

• Land Cruiser no number.jpg
    Land Cruiser no number.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Land Cruiser (7).jpg
    Land Cruiser (7).jpg
    156 KB · Views: 62
  • Land Cruiser inside (1200 x 719).jpg
    Land Cruiser inside (1200 x 719).jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 62