Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dash bulb blown?

ModelMakerMan

Country Flag
england
I noticed the other day that the green 4x4 light on the dash wasnt coming on when I selected 4x4. Ive just been under the truck and checked that the transfer is indeed engaging when the button is pressed but the light isnt coming on. Im guessing its the bulb blown in the dash? Has anyone had to change one of these before? Is it a difficult job? What type of bulb is it and where can I get one?

Cheers
Dave

Dead easy job Dave, from memory you need to whizz the binnacle screws out, 4 around the outer edge and 2 underneath the top of the binnacle. Once removed this will expose the screws holding the instrument cluster in place, remove those and then it's a bit of a faff getting your hand behind to release the speedo cable, the cable is a bit like releasing an air hose with a sort of sliding collar. I can't recall if you push it in or out to release but a bit of wiggling should get you right.

There will be a couple of cable clusters that terminate to a couple of chunky connectors, these either clip out or pull out but once removed you can withdraw the cluster and look behind for the bulb holders.

Replacements can be got from Halfords or most auto shops, a 30 - 45 minute job at most.

Last edited:
Cheers Trev,

Normally I would have just had at it but its too damn hot to be fiddling about inside the truck today!

The other bit I can't fully recall is whether you will see the plastic bayonet bulb holders at this point, or whether you need to undo all the screws that hold the clear plastic and rear housing of the cluster. If you have to go that far then the unit will split in half and allow access to the inner workings of the rear of the cluster and this is where you may find the bulb holders.

Back