Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

EGR Valve thing

IRLGW

I did a bit of a search for this before asking the question but couldn't find a link to tell me this.......

1). Does a 12valve 4.2 have an egr? and is it worth blocking?

2). Has anyone fitted an intercooler to a 12v/24v, and if so how big does it need to be?

Thanks for any advice :thumbup:

1 - does not have

2 - yes others have - muchos more power if you tweak fuel pump as well - Chas springs to mind - Hey Chas - were are you fella?

adrianr said:
1 - does not have

2 - yes others have - muchos more power if you tweak fuel pump as well - Chas springs to mind - Hey Chas - were are you fella?
I'm here, yes it does give more power but just makes it nicer to drive rather than turn it into a rocket ship, use the throttle a little to er, enthusiastically :think: and watch the fuel gauge drop.

Cossack said:
adrianr said:
1 - does not have

I'm here, yes it does give more power but just makes it nicer to drive rather than turn it into a rocket ship, use the throttle a little to er, enthusiastically :think: and watch the fuel gauge drop.

Hi Chas,

edited a little , , , , ,
1 - does not have

2 - yes others have - muchos more power if you tweak fuel pump as well - Chas springs to mind - Hey Chas - were are you fella?[/quote]
I'm here, yes it does give more power but just makes it nicer to drive rather than turn it into a rocket ship, use the throttle a little to er, enthusiastically :think: and watch the [strike:76f31acp]fuel gauge[/strike:76f31acp] WALL drop.

Gra.

Graham said:
Cossack said:
adrianr said:
1 - does not have

quote]
Hi Chas, edited a little , , , , ,
I'm here, yes it does give more power but just makes it nicer to drive rather than turn it into a rocket ship, use the throttle a little to er, enthusiastically :think: and watch the [strike:3g9u6xox]fuel gauge[/strike:3g9u6xox] WALL drop.Gra.

Yeah, that too :thumbup:

:lol: enjoying the funny comments.....Chas, it makes you reconsider if it was worth showing your relatively serious mishap :roll: ..to this merciless crowd (myself included, though it is a bit odd to laugh at people you haven´t met IRL! :oops:

...maybe if I knew you guys I would reveal some mishaps too (though I am not sure anything will beat yours!!!) :cool:

Greetings...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lars Bo Kjeldstrom said:
:lol: .....Chas, it makes you reconsider if it was worth showing your relatively serious mishap :roll: ..to this merciless crowd (myself included, though it is a bit odd to laugh at people you haven´t met IRL! :oops: Greetings...
Yes it has crossed my mind, :think: but if you can't laugh at yourself you shouldn't stick your head up :naughty:

Come on I won't tell anyone :lol:

Is there a thread for 'fitting an intercooler' ......and then what happened next....

IRLGW said:
Come on I won't tell anyone :lol: Is there a thread for 'fitting an intercooler' ......and then what happened next....
See this thread for what happens when 4.2 ltr of intercooled turbo engine at full throttle hits a 10" thick concrete block wall. :oops:

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7483&hilit=accident+report

Sorry, but the picture of the hole in the wall seems to have disappeared, so here it is again;

3.jpg

Chas - that should go in the 'Evocative pic' thread :lol: - it meets the criteria!

Gary Stockton said:
Chas - that should go in the 'Evocative pic' thread :lol: - it meets the criteria!
:think: I'm not sure about that, it reminds me of things I'd rather not remember, . . . . . like the dry cleaning bill :lol:

adrianr said:
The ideal ram raid vehicle.
What really amazed me was that after that massive impact the truck was still drivable, not roadworthy, but still moved under it's own power :o I actually drove it through the car park to the recovery vehicle when it arrived :dance: if anyone needs an example of the protection afforded by a winch bumper this is it.

Back