Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electrically Adjustable Steering Column

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
The only thing bugging me in the new cruiser was the electrically adjustable steering not working.

It wasn't in a bad position but wanted it a little higher. have read that the motors break so thought i would whip the covers off around the column and check them out. While operating the switch i gave them some assistance with some pliers on the shaft and easily moved them manually to the position i wanted. As they work a little i have disconnected the motors because they try to adjust everytime you get in and out and problem solved in 15 mins :thumbup:

I have heard there is a proper way to disable this function but don't know how to do it.

The proper way is: As soon as you become the owner of a 100 (where the adjusters work), you go to someone with a Toyota Tester (e.g. your dealer) to have the automatic-up-and-away disabled. That way the adjusters will last for "ever".
But you do need the toyota electronic thingy - The proper procedure was posted as a pdf on mud - for the mechanic who doesn't know how to.

No worries, happy with the way it is now

Back