Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

engine swap issues (1kzte)

britesynth

good day people! =)
good day people! =)

we recently had an engine swap for our f150 (auto/trans) replacing it with a toyota 1kz engine (auto/trans), gasoline ain't cheap here in our country and running a diesel engine is more efficient... happy to have made the swap =)

there are issues after the swap that i want to solve

1st issue - parasitic battery discharge
after the swap we couldn't find what's causing it, checked all the fuses and relays but no luck, everything seems to be off when the ignition key is turned off, tried a couple of batteries and drained both of them after 1-2 days of not starting the engine so i think it's safe to say that it's not my battery, alternator is working good and charging

also i noticed that after turning the ignition key on i have to wait for at least 30sec to a minute for the battery gauge on the dash to give the correct reading

2nd issue - reverse light is not working, i understand that ford uses DTR as switch but how can i get the reverse light working with the 1kz transmission using the original wiring going to the reverse light? my last option would be a manual switch but still prefer to have it working by the shifter

3rd issue - speedometer is not accurate, i think i'm already running at 100 and it still reads around 40-60kph, this can cause big trouble on highways where speed guns are all over the place

rpm gauge is not working as well... =(

any help from you guys would be very well appreciated...

thanks!

jake
philippines

Back