Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FJ60 Bizarre Behavior

Moabus

Hello and greetings....

I've had my FJ60 now for just under a decade. Getting her through emissions over that time has resulted in me seeing many of the intimate parts under my 'Cruiser's skirts (I've always thought of it as female even though it is named after a dude "Oceanus.")

Anyway, I just got her through emissions with flying colors. Then, since I have to lean her out, I always run a little Sea Foam through her on about a quarter tank of gas right after emissions to clean out any gunk. She ran great with the new oil change and new plugs. Then, last night, I went to buy some groceries and had some major issues.

The idle is fine. She kicks over and idles like a rock at 700 RPMs. However, every time I give her some gas, she briefly revs higher and then cuts out back to idle RPM level. I pump the gas to get the RPMs back up but it is like someone is taking the gas away right then. I pulled out the #6 plug, wiped off a little gunk and she went fine for about a quarter mile. Then I hit a bump and she stalled out again. Every time the engine cuts out I can her the carb sucking air.

I don't think it's the fuel pump because I checked the line before/after the filter and the line coming into/out of the pump and both were full. Further, the carb window shows fuel in there, though it is slightly below the mid-line. Adjustments to the MAS screw had no effect. Battery is fully charged.

I just swapped out the secondary air pump with a rebuilt one and the air bypass valve with a used one just over a month ago.

Any input would be welcome.

Regards,

Moabus

Back