Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FJ60 need engine option...

wesmc

Country Flag
united_states
Total Land Cruiser virgin...

So I grabbed a solid FJ60 4.2 gas motor with a totally wiped out crank...worst looking journals I have ever seen. I'd like to start with another 4.2 and go through it but can't find one locally.

What I can get is a 4.5 from a 1993.

I am a vintage Porsche mechanic by trade and a Datsun enthusiast...in both of those cars you can swap the long block around between displacements all day long (got a 2.8 with a 2.6 head sitting in my 240z right now.)

I've never even seen a 4.5 in the flesh, any chance I can swap the manifolds, ignition, accessories, et al over to a 4.5?

I don't care at all about a performance improvement, just want to make her a runner and would prefer to not use a block that swallowed that much metal.

Alternate question...is there a good source for longblocks out there? My salvage yard found none on their interweb parts locator thingy.

Thanks!

I do GM Vortec swaps into 60s and 80s in my shop and generally sell off the motor coming out of the rigs. I'll be pulling a 3FE for a customer either this week or next and also have another 91 80 series on the lot with a 3FE. THe motors I pull are generally snapped up pretty quick as they are becoming fewer and farther between. Some guys are buying them purely as back up and just stash them away for a rainy day.

Stan

Back