Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Garage pumps

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
On the way back from the TOR 4x4 show I stopped for diesel at a Tesco's garage in Stafford and tried to stop the pump at £63 but it went over by 1p, :angry-cussingwhite: I thought bugger. It was definitely on £63.01 when I left the pump, but when I went to pay the total was £63.02, they must make a lot of profit with these extra pennies, this seems to be a fairly common occurrence. I know it's only a penny but it annoys me, I complained :roll: but the cashier wasn't having any of it.

Bring back the pumps when you used to be able to press the £5 or £10 button.

Would probably have to be a bit higher now though ;)

Was not far from Liverpool the other day and had to prepay like i was in a truck! Like being back in Russia.

In the shell garage near me they have a penny pot that people throw the odd bit off change in so when you go over it comes out of that if you have no change on you.

But i know what you mean about the difference in pump and till as it has happened to me a couple of times im not sure if you can contact anybody.

Joe

:think: Did you look at the reading after you put the pump back? or before? Often they click over as you put them down, be careful not to touch the trigger once you've filled up as they can be very sensitive. I noticed this when I was working at a petrol station many moons ago (often filled the cars up myself) and it's not happened to me since I started just holding the handle ;)

One P.I.T.A is now that fuel is so pricey the readout often jumps up 2p at a time, sometimes making it impossible to round off to the nearest pound :evil:

Jim.

Jimbo4x4 said:
Did you look at the reading after you put the pump back? or before?Jim.
Yes, I put the pump back and looked as I walked away, was definitely £63.01, at the desk £63.02 :x

Back