Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

GREENLANING...

Ronanjordan

This weekend will be my first time going proper greenlaning, organised and a few other 4x4s too. :thumbup:
Cant wait...

Just a quick question though.
What gear would I want to have with me??? As I have never been before.
I have been told that it should be easy enough to go around( standard 95 )
Ropes, tools etc?
All help appreciated!
Thanks in advance

Always handy to have good lashing points, if you are going with some experienced guys you shouldnt need anything further as they should offer you the advice on the day ;)

You will surprised where your bus will go thats for sure even in standard form, one word of advice is if you see some of the sticky stuff put your locker in before you need it, certainly a lot better than when you are stuck

Locker???
All I have is centre diff, dont think these were ever sold with rear lock in ireland!

Warm clothes, kettle and maybe some water to wash lights and rad for the drive home.

Paul said:
Warm clothes, kettle and maybe some water to wash lights and rad for the drive home.
I always carry an old pair of motorcycle boots for the muddy bits and an old shower curtain for kneeling down on, I also use a small plant water sprayer (the kind you use for indoor plants) and an old washing up brush is good for headlights and number plates :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Also some tin foil to put your pasty in on the engine so its nice and warm come dinner time :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well had a good time for my first time out on the mountain with my LC. there were 2 70's each one was mint in their own ways. 1 cut down, winches front and rear and ext roll bars.
The other had OME and 35s on and winch.
i was amazed how far my one got as standard. the organiser knew mine has standard suspension and tyres so i was expecting all gravel/rock firebreaks etc which i would have been happy with. ended up on everything, deep mud, water , going through/ over gorse bushes. Got stuck 4 times, mainly due to tyresand bottoming out in ruts.
It was a bit more offroad than i was expecting, obut it was great fun.AND my towing eyes worked perfectly, my welds are better than i expected!
Pictures to follow

be careful what you post or you might regret it

J66P said:
be careful what you post or you might regret it
Not sure what you mean, this part of the forum can only be accessed by members :?

you would be amased how muddy pictures and trucks getting stuck are crating havoc following the recent TV program about green laning opr as they put it off roading

As long as its legal most of don't mind and seeing as only members with a certain amount of posts can view this thread then there should be no issues. Now the question of how difficult a lane is and should it be used is a well mannered discussion on this forum so there is no need to scare people from posting pics.

Back