Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Greetings from Malaysia

docazani

Country Flag
malaysia
Hi all,

Greetings from Malaysia!

In the last few months, I acquired a 1997 Toyota Prado 95 3.4L V6. Most Prados in Malaysia were locally assembled with the 2.7L in-line 4 petrol engine and I believe 2.8L diesel engine. The 3.4L v6 are rare and directly imported from Japan and not very popular due to the high annual road tax and percieved high fuel consumption. The 3.0 1kz diesels are mainly second-hand imports from Japan and very popular.

I had searched for more than a year before finding this 3.4 v6 for sale. It had 2 owners and there was no service history. Overall condition was pretty good. Underbody inspection showed that it had most unlikely not been off road before. I decided to purchase it as it was so difficult to find a 3.4 v6. As soon as I got it, I had all the fluids and oil changed. Also had the timing belt and both the engine and gearbox mountings changed.

Presently, it has a vibration at about 2000 rpm which my mechanic is trying to figure the cause. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

docazani

Hi doc and welcome to this most friendly forum.

This model isn't my area really I'm afraid but is it petrol or diesel?

Hi doc and welcome to this most friendly forum.

This model isn't my area really I'm afraid but is it petrol or diesel?

Me neither, but a warm welcome to the forum docazani, nevertheless :icon-biggrin:

Lets hope someone can come up with an explanation for the unwanted vibes, I'd put my money on propshaft universal joints, but that would show relative to road speed as opposed to engine revs, if that makes any sense ... :think:

Back