Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from Bucks County, PA!

Nickles

Country Flag
united_states
Hi,

Hello from Bucks County, PA and thanks for adding me to the forum. Always wanted a Cruiser and yesterday I finally got this one, a 1963 J40. Originally an Arizona vehicle, it's an older restoration and runs great.

Any info you can provide about local clubs (Philadelphia, PA, Southeastern PA or anywhere in NJ) would be appreciated. Also, although I'll keep them safe in case I ever sell, I'll have to replace the front seats with something a bit safer and more comfortable. Any recommendations of where to start?

Thanks!

IMG_4688.jpg
IMG_4687.jpg
IMG_4689.jpg

Hello and welcome...

Your truck looks great although the wheels are a bit modern for my taste, but then if we all liked the same thing the world would be a boring place.

Can't help with PA clubs ..... you have recently joined the best one!

I assume that you may want to go for two front seats instead of the three so it may be worth looking a 60, 70 and possibly even 80 series seats as, particularly with the first two, the frames and runners may not be too different from what you have. Mister T didn't change things unnecessarily between models.

Regards,

Rodger

Thanks Rodger. I'm not sure about the wheels and tires either, but that's the way I got it 2 day ago. I'm keep looking at "done" ones on-line and deciding what the final product will look like. Black basket roof carrier with 4 big round Hellas looked fun...

Thanks for your input on the seats. I'm speaking to some of the specialty manufacturers to see if they have a ready made solution.

I like the wheels , a modern twist on a veritable classic , a metaphor of originality that separates it from all the rest . This is mine and i intend to drive it rather than put it in a museum .

Back