Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello!

ReubenHunter

Country Flag
great_britain
Having recently purchased a Land Cruiser id like introduce myself to the group.

My name is Reuben and I am a gamekeeper in the Isle of South Uist in the Outer Hebrides, though I am originally from East Anglia. I use 4x4 vehicles every day in one way or another in my job.
My Land Cruiser is a 55 plate Amazon TD. It has no mods at all and I plan to just use it as a working vehicle and for the long journeys South when visiting family and friends.
My plans for the vehicle are just to keep it going really. I want to have the vehicle and use it in the long term. Its suits our needs as a spacious and capable and hopefully reliable 4x4.

Nobody will believe you without pics :confusion-shrug::text-worthless:

55 plate probably means that you have one of the youngest HDJ100 around?
The 100 is really a good toolbox on wheels, and fantastic on the long haul.

Outer Hebrides - Makes me think of Julie Fowlis, a Great singer/musician - isn't she from South Uist?

Welcome to the club.

Thanks uHu. OK, il take some pics in the next few days. Julie Fowlis is from North Uist but its the same string of islands. Gaelic music is very important out here.

I'm not sure how many there are younger than mine but it was the newest one I could find. I love the car so far. Such a smooth, spacious vehicle thats basic enough to work on myself. Unfortunately I came out yesterday morning to find a puddle of diesel under the car. It appears the tank is porous

Three of my favourite things in the first post - East Anglia, the Hebrides and 100 series Cruisers. Welcome and hope you get the tank fixed and many years of trouble-free LC ownership.

Thank you Jacob. Indeed, three great things that all hold a real soft spot. I too love the 100 series, an amazing vehicle. Its the only vehicle of its type that does everything I want.

Porous tank is inevitable if you drive on salted roads. I'm afraid the design is not the best, a clam construction with a wide lip all the way round collecting shit and water. I'm on my second tank - but even the 2nd hand tank which looked good, was porous; so I had to treat and seal it. That was 3 years ago (iirc), but since then I've seen that there are plastic tanks for the 100 available. Thinking of getting one right away as future proofing even though my repair seems to be holding up.
Might help to keep it under half full until you have time to get it fixed.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A few pics from me

Attachments

• IMG-20230129-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230129-WA0003.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20230129-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230129-WA0004.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-20230128-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230128-WA0001.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 18