Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help - child lock stuck on

Jack P

Country Flag
great_britain
Hello All,

The child lock is stuck on the rear off side door and as I'm getting a bit fed up looking like a chauffeur I think it's about time I tried to fix it.

The little plastic lever got stuck in the lock position, I jiggled it about to try and free it and the lever bit came off and fell down inside the door [emoji22]

The locking and outside handle all work fine but the child lock is still on[emoji35]

Anyone else had this problem? I'm assuming that something is jammed in there. Child locks can't be that complicated, can they?

Anyway I was going to have a go at removing the door trim to see what's going on in there. Bought myself a set of plastic trim removing tools, better than using a screwdriver. Just need a dry day at the weekend to do it.

Any advice gratefully received.

I've now fixed this[emoji3]

Removed the door trim which was very easy. Unclip the arm rest, electric window switch bit (remove electric connector) and little piece of plastic behind door lever. Then undo the 3 screws and just lever it off starting at the bottom.

14b9e6167521a7b133e4bb568b123898.jpg

Found the little plastic bit in the bottom of the door. Took me a while to figure it all out but the child lock switch just raises and lowers a bit of plastic to engage/disengage the door lever. That was the simple bit, getting the switch back in was another matter; no room to get in there. However after about 40 minutes of jiggery pokery, an extra pair of smaller hands and quite a lot of luck managed to get in all back in place. A quick check and it works, I can now open it from the inside [emoji2]. Only one minor problem; out side hand doesn't work now[emoji35] . Just had to undo the lock mechanism and get the handle re engaged, fairly easy.

All in all a job well done. [emoji106]

Sorry I only took the one pic.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back