Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi From Belguim

Minus

Country Flag
belgium
Hello everyone.
After e few years of dreaming about a Landcruiser , eventualy i bought one.
Passing this forum on the net, witch looks verry usefull, i thought to give it a go.
My name is Edwin, living and working in Belguim.
A big facination for Norway , specialy Alesund, More og Romsdal( had even plans to imigrate).
For 20 Years i was a international truckdriver.
10 years ago i became a truckdriving instructor and now also a examiner .
Overlanding, greenlaning 4x4 are my intrests. Does not have to be the heavy stuff.
I do love nature ( specialy Norwegian nature) and respect it.
The vehicule that brings me to greenlaning and offroad adventures is a HDJ100 2002 with 275.00km on it. ( so its brand new :)) )
It had a 6 cm lift when i bought it and 275.75.17 tyres on Evocorsse rims.
Added a roofrack, rooftent, a box and recently jerrycans ontop of it.
Even dough i'm realy not a computer minded person and a daily forumvisitor, i do hope to find intersting people here to do trips with al over Europe, to exchange ideas, tips and tricks.
I someone thinks i can be of an help at all, no matter what, please contact me and we'll see from there.
Meanwhile greetings to all and all the best.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 25
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 24
Hi Minus,
Couldn't help but notice your reference to Alesund, not been there for over 20 years, love that area...... verrrrry expensive. When I used to go, the fisheries had all the Klippfisk spread out all over the wharfs, great sight.
I'm still using the same hunting knife I bought there 25 years ago, I'll get there again one day! ............. too many places, not enough time!!!
Anyway, many much more important members on here to welcome you to the forum than me, but welcome anyway.
Some great people on the site, with a huge wealth of knowledge.

Wonderful car you got. Perfect for your kind of trips, isn't it. Only thing that worries me in your setup is the higher centre of gravity with both a huge lift and load on top.
Are you fighting rust, or have you done something preventative?

Welcome to Norway. It's really scarcely populated, so the more the merrier. Btw, my mother is from Ålesund (= Eel-strait) but I haven't been there since early childhood.

Welcome to the forum. Great intro and you passed the first test by posting pics

Hey uHu, great to see norwegian people here. didnt akspect that.
The Alesund area is soooo beautifull. Realy lost my hart there.
Got friends on Valderoya and Stordal.
All over Norway is a paradise but more og romsdal is just Eden for me.
Did a 6 week trip last year. Started in Oslo; up to Alesund. Trondheim, in to Sweden, towards Ravomini Finland(visit Santa) , al the way up to Grenze Jacobslev, north cape, Hamerfest, lofoten , back to the south. I will do it again some day. Thing is, it was not in a landcruiser. Also something with "land" in it but not even close to a landcruiser ;)

Reactions: uHu
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
uHu, i'm not fighting rust. There is a bit of rust under the car , no much.
Just to make shure rust isnt gona be a problem, the car is going to treated.
Didnt had ishuses jet beacouse its top heavy or whate so ever.

Welcome to the forum, Minus. Big fan of Belgium myself. And 100 Series trucks of course.

Back