Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from the Netherlands!

Volly

Country Flag
netherlands
Hi all, I'd like to introduce myself to all of you experienced Toyo people.

I live in the Netherlands, and we (my wife and I) love to make increasingly long tours.
In a sort of organic way this led us to switch from our Iveco Massif to a 2007 HZJ78 Troopy. Definitely less powerfull, but just as definitely more sturdy, more common when driving to Difficult Countries and easier to get extensions for.
Our Troopy is currently fitted out with the original 4.2 1HZ engine, 2 tanks, 2 diff locks, Gobi-X rocksliders, a bull bar, a Warn 8725-50 winch (in dire need of an overhaul), a Webasto coolant heater, and a second (deep cycle led acid) battery connected to a solar panel. The car is seated on brand new BF Goodrich KO2 A/T's in 235/85 R16
We've brought an awning system with us from our previous vehicle, from our own design and custom make (far more flexible and way bigger than all those expensive beauties).
We've ordered a Alu-Cab Hercules roof conversion, and I'm currently designing the build-in of the car. I will be doing the build-in myself.

The Really Big Plan? Driving to Mongolia through Iran and the 'stans, and back again trough Russia. Well, that's all a bit difficult for now (to say the least), so there's lots of other parts to explore.
Last year we drove to en through Türkye, and the year before that through the Balkans and central Europe. And before that...

And after we've done all manner of things to our 'new' vehicle it will enable us to extend our travel season to all except hardcore winter, but on the outside it will pretty much look as before.
Which leads us to a famous Dolly Parton quote: "It costs a lot of money to look this cheap".

And that's why we've decided to call our overlander "Dolly"
Dolly.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome. Smart Troopy, How long are you having to wait for the Alu-Cab? I’m heading to Germany for an Alu-Innovations roof but been waiting since last July.

Nice intro, nice truck. Welcome. The Iveco Massif is a very rare beast.

@Gr8Yota We've ordered just before year's end, and it is planned to arrive before the end of March. Our supplier got hold of one somewhere in the pipeline just in time.
Complicating factor was, that we insisted on buying a white Hercules - not for looks or something, but for keeping the heat out.
But all in all: March will work for us. Gives me plenty of time to design the interior, and after the Herc is mounted I'll be needing just a few weeks to get ready for the Big Unknownses.

Looking forward to it, to all of it!

Back