Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from the Netherlands

Judy

Country Flag
netherlands
Hi,

This is Judy, a Dutch 4x4 loving woman, had some Landcruisers ages ago, was driving some Ssangyongs, but now layed my hands on a Cruiser again.
It's 2015 short 150 3.0 D4D 191 hp. Bought it for a good price I think, with some damage to repair on both front and rear bumpers. (Replacements; advices welcome) Will do some tuning, it must be lifted and bigger wheels are also on the wish list. Further more whinch will be mounted etc.
Hope to atribute here and am looking forward to see what guys do with these lovely cars.

Be interesting to see how your truck evolves Judy , must admit the only modified 150's that made me look twice were the Arctic Trucks version and another running Total Chaos suspension both of which call for a big budget .

Yeah the Artic trucks look amazing. :) I do need the Cruiser as a daily ride so 35' swamp tires will not be on this truck.. I hope a 5" lift and 32" AT's will make it look a bit more solid..

Knowing what you want from the start always makes the journey to get there easier :handgestures-thumb:

I was only learning when i pushed the boundaries with my 90 series so it kept evolving as I bought then replaced and bought again . Independent front suspension was the real limiter and through trial and error I learned a body lift and negative offset wheels helped to counter it . Tyre choice can also help to create the optical illusion that a 32" is bigger than a 33" .

No idea if the same might work for a 150 but i'm putting it out there because i had nobody to copy .

You can probably find bumpers cheap from people removing them to put on bullbars. Here 90% of 4WDs have one so there must be tons of factory bumpers stashed somewhere.

Could try scrap yards too. Especially if a car has been t-boned or rear ended the front bumper will probably be ok.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back