Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi, Newbie from N. Wales

Yogi's-slaves

Country Flag
wales
Hi there,

My name is Chris from N. Wales. Myself and my wife Sarah own Yogi, a 2001 KDJ95 D-4D with 197k on the speedo. She's in green and we are converting her for overlanding/green laning/camping use and have already done most of the mechanical work.

She's been lifted 2" and sat on 17" modular steel wheels. I've deleted the rear ARB to allow for more flexing. An air locker fitted to the rear axle, new brakes all around, including new calipers/discs/pads, new brake pipes, new front drive shafts, full rear axle rebuild, new fuel tank, sender, etc, all polybushed ball joints/rear link rods/panhard rod and new rear propshaft.

I've now started to crack on with the inside and already sorted the split charge system and now considering getting an upgraded alternator to give as much power as possible.
We were considering using a roof tent, but thought that it could easily get damaged with some of the green lanes we've already been on, and have chosen to use a ground tent, inside a 270 degree awning and fed with a diesel heater from the vehicle for those winter camping trips.

We've had a bit of a stall in our project in that the car has just come back from the garage after having the flywheel flexiplate replaced. The plate had fractured completely and caused a knocking sound under 1100 rpm. Thought it was injectors or big ends at first, but the noise went away with centrifugal force.

Anyway, I hope we can share what we do with the car with you and hopefully we can help with any questions you may have along the way.
We have a Youtube channel:

And here are a couple of pictures of our pride and joy.

20220722_132109.jpg

IMG-20221009-WA0010.jpeg

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Chris

Back