Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi

Franglais

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi from me too.
I`m UK and France based, owned a Colorado 3.0 auto for a few years and now just bought a 75 Troopy 4.2.

I`ve visited this site a few times, and benefited from some good info. Now got around to registering and saying "Hi!".

I do have a few questions about various things, but will try to have a look through the older threads first, and will put specific queries in the relevant threads, or try to.

The Colorado (Prado) is `97 with just over 200k ml on it. I replaced the head this year because it had cracked, but the bores looked fine and no noises from bottom end so should keep going a while yet. It has standard suspension but modded with steel sill protectors, steel bumpers, winch, snorkel, leisure battery, roof tent. Taken it on hols to The Pyrennees a couple of times.

The Troopy is newly acquired, `98, only 129k km. It was apparently originally a Dakar Rally support vehicle, as witnessed by the decals on it. Roy Creation roof sleeper conversion.
I saw on an advert that someone else has just sold/bought a set of the 5 spoke wheels from another Dakar car? I`m after similar if anymore around? I`ll put more on the 70 thread.

I`ll quickly put a pic of them here on the intro....or try,,,

And a special "Hi" to Juddian. I know him from another site. Fair to say we agree on some things, including Toyotas, but disagree on others, inclu......but we won`t go there! :)

Attachments

• 20211023_085621.jpg
    20211023_085621.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20211023_085559.jpg
    20211023_085559.jpg
    528.3 KB · Views: 34
Thanks for the welcome.
I`m happy with the trucks, but as many ads prove blemishes disappear in pics!

Welcome aboard, Bienvenue, and all the rest.. Lovely to have the heritage of an original Dakar support truck. I like when a vehicle has a story to tell. Too many fellas throwing snorkels, light bars and roof racks on a truck, and posing with it, while the most it has done is bring home some wood from the hardware shop!

I've travelled France extensively in mine (including a few stops at Mr Bricolage)

Back