Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HID lights to the front lower Fog light ?

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Has any one given it a thought to install a HID 35w light to replace the standard lamp/bulb?

FJ120pradofrontlowerlight451x600-Copy.jpg

Would there be enough depth to accommodate the new lamp/bulb ?

Gra.

I was editing, and while editing it was "timed out", so here is the rest of the question.

Has any one given it a thought to install a HID 35w light to replace the standard lamp/bulb?
FJ120pradofrontlowerlight451x600-Copy.jpg

Is the bulb a 9004 or 9005 type ?
SnapShot9004.jpg

SnapShot9005.jpg

Would there be enough depth to accommodate the HID lamp/bulb ?

Is it possible some one can measure the depth for me, perhaps some one who has resently either swaped out the original bumper for A.N.Other? :thumbup:

I am picking up a few different physical sizes of the part of the lamp that sits in the reflector.

and the H1 HID dimension
SnapShot_120226_143730.jpg

or would the HID in the lower front be "too much brightness" ?

Gra.

That would be way too much light and really annoy on-coming traffic. Cars with badly fitted HIDs in their fogs and normal lights are greeted by my 55W HIDs in their eyes. :twisted: Peing the pencil spots and eye level, I normally win.
There is no point in fitting those into the fogs - you use them twice a yaer when there is fog, any other time would be dangerous for other traffic.

I was thinking, maybe they would be too bright.
Plus the fact they are quite low down, would make them difficult to aim, to be any effective use.

I need a passenger side lower fog, as mine has lost the seal, and now the reflective surface has gone AWOL.

I was looking at these.
Complete with new wiring and switch.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14892808859
They take up the full width of the aperture.
SnapShotlowerfogreplacements.jpg

The standard fitting only takes half, (and a black plastic blank is fitted to take up the rest of the space.)
They use the standard Halogen for the fog part of the light, plus they incorporate an array of LED for day time driving?

useless, bling, or stick with the original?

Gra.

Nothing wrong with a bit of bling Graham, especially if you need to replace anyway....

I have two stock ones from when I removed my bumper... :whistle: Offers welcome for the pair.

The stock reflector does have adjustments on the back of it to aim it but as you said, being so low you'll not get much throw out of it without blinding people.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back