Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How to fix broken window switch

MisterCruiser

Country Flag
ireland
So the passenger window switch of the drivers side switch panel was broken when I bought it and I'm only taking some time to look into repairing it now. The passenger window itself works, and the passenger door switch panel operates the window correctly. It's just the switch of the drivers door panel is broke, however if I press the little white "pegs" remains the window operates up and down correctly.

My question is, how do I repair this, I think the switch should be stuck to the "pegs" that operate the window but the switch itself has become detached and it's broken as in a bit is missing where it pivots.

IMG-8472.jpg

IMG-8473.jpg

IMG-8474.jpg

Simplest option is just to buy a new switch unit. After putting up with one of the windows on my 90 not working for the last ten years I bit the bullet and bought a cheap Chinese copy off eBay for £25. OEM was £175 from Amayama and not in stock. There were hundreds of vendors all selling basically the same item, I chose the one with the best feedback. Prices varied from £15 to £80. This was mine for a 5 door 95 series.

Attachments

• IMG_9166.jpeg
    IMG_9166.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 17
I see loads of 90 series switches for sale on ebay but not any of the 120 series? Typical

There are some on eBay, depends where you look and if they are the right ones.
Some single switches, some in their housings, and I presume switches aren't handed anyway, just the wiring to them and the respective housings ??
When looking for parts myself, I type either, (in this case for switch) landcruiser 120 switch used, or landcruiser lc3 switch used, or landcruiser lc4 switch used, all essentially the same thing ?
There is a load of Lithuanian parts in general on there which I discarded purely for shipping(wait) reasons.
I get parts from Bradford 4x4 spares, sensible prices, always good quality used, well packed, and fast delivery.
Good luck !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I found it best to get the Toyota part number and search with that. They seem to use the same switch on numerous different models like the Yaris/Auris/Hilux of the same era. Guess the two door 120s are less common so maybe more difficult to find, lots of two door Yaris' though. I scoured UK scrap yards for years and never found anything for any model that I could use.

EBay and the likes gets around having to search through scrapyards which may not even have any 120's without phoning to enquire. Part numbers are good when ordering new, but don't help with used. They will normally have a description and photo/s.
Ireland seems to be the common place for the swb 2 door landcruisers, so another line of enquiry to Irish breakers.

Back