Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Howdy from Cali

The Claw

Country Flag
united_states
Hi
I was searching for ideas to upgrade the sound in my rig and came across this forum. Nicely done! I mostly go by Bill unless I am in trouble, then it’s William. “The Claw” is a play on my last name,
04A59BE8-8247-4B13-8799-4DA7A3240C52.png
D710049E-19EE-4164-BA16-9460A9A49F3F.png
3DB08988-C438-4E4D-9CCD-A98B4F0528CE.png
origins from Long Clawson in GB as I would never claim to be from Short Clawson. :). I have owned the Temptress since 2007 and she is a work in progress. She was lifted, on 35s and had the Warn when I picked her up from a Frenchman in Silicon Valley who was raising money to attempt Everest (not only did I score a nicely started 80, I got his whole garage of parts!) . My Wife and I are both members of our local county search and rescue. Certified to search in both OHV and horseback. Our backyard is the Sierras in Gold Country near Coloma CA. Our playground is the Rubicon Trail and so many other fun trails nearby. I am a Cali native and love my state, but with 40 million other Californians it getting a bit crowded and harder and harder to get off the grid to enjoy the great outdoors without some other knuckle heads being in the same area doing really stupid stuff, especially weekends. The weather keeps me here for now, along With the diversity of the topography. this is an amazing area, to be able to go from the ocean to 10,000 feet in a few short hours is mind boggling I am doing less rock crawling these days as I don’t need the Adrenalin rush quite so much anymore nor the increased maintenance required. We have gradually shifted to Overlanding and are exploring the western USA. There is more to explore than a lifetime would allow. We learn more every time we go out. Refining where this and that go and asking do we really need this, what would make this more fun and easier so we can enjoy More sunsets, fishing and just plain old relaxing. We also use this these adventure to scout out potential trail heads to pack into the backcountry when we really want to get away.

cheers

“The Claw”

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the Forum.

Great looking truck. Love the second pic!

N

Great intro, Claw. Welcome to the club. Nice 80.

(For more meanings of The Claw, you could look up the Malazan Empire by Steven Erikson)

Hi
I was searching for ideas to upgrade the sound in my rig and came across this forum. Nicely done! I mostly go by Bill unless I am in trouble, then it’s William. “The Claw” is a play on my last name, View attachment 164384 View attachment 164385 View attachment 164386 origins from Long Clawson in GB as I would never claim to be from Short Clawson. :). I have owned the Temptress since 2007 and she is a work in progress. She was lifted, on 35s and had the Warn when I picked her up from a Frenchman in Silicon Valley who was raising money to attempt Everest (not only did I score a nicely started 80, I got his whole garage of parts!) . My Wife and I are both members of our local county search and rescue. Certified to search in both OHV and horseback. Our backyard is the Sierras in Gold Country near Coloma CA. Our playground is the Rubicon Trail and so many other fun trails nearby. I am a Cali native and love my state, but with 40 million other Californians it getting a bit crowded and harder and harder to get off the grid to enjoy the great outdoors without some other knuckle heads being in the same area doing really stupid stuff, especially weekends. The weather keeps me here for now, along With the diversity of the topography. this is an amazing area, to be able to go from the ocean to 10,000 feet in a few short hours is mind boggling I am doing less rock crawling these days as I don’t need the Adrenalin rush quite so much anymore nor the increased maintenance required. We have gradually shifted to Overlanding and are exploring the western USA. There is more to explore than a lifetime would allow. We learn more every time we go out. Refining where this and that go and asking do we really need this, what would make this more fun and easier so we can enjoy More sunsets, fishing and just plain old relaxing. We also use this these adventure to scout out potential trail heads to pack into the backcountry when we really want to get away.

cheers

“The Claw”
Great pictures,
Are you 'self isolating' from covid-19 in the moutains off grid. :)

Back