Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HZJ75 Windscreen surround replace

Kanang Country

Country Flag
australia
Hi there, Im looking to replace the windscreen surround on my 75 series, its almost non exsitent on the bottom part. I bogged it up as a temporary fix last year but I want to put one of those fibreglass ones in. Ive searched the forum and cant find the info I'm looking for so sorry if I'm repeating something I havent seen.
Its my everyday vehicle so I dont want it off the road too long and Im in WA so if I have to order parts mid job it could set the project back a week or two. I was wanting to get it done in a weekend so I want to be sure I have everything I need before I start. At this point I understand I need:
1. the new surround
2. windscreen rubber
3. There is a rubber that goes between the windscreen surround and the air vent cowl panel (I'll get one of those).
4. I'm not quite sure of the rubber on the top (would I have to replace that or would it require removing the roof as well?).
Is there anything else I should consider replacing whilst I have it out?
If anyone else has done this and they can think of anything I'm not thinking about, or if they encountered any problems with it, I'd really appreciate the knowledge.

Go to 70 series forum look for LJ78 build by Ben there are 300 pages of information hope this can help you

There's I can remeber 4 bolts that go down from the roof that attaches them together. Also horizontals that go from the back panel to the winscreen unit. With these loose then screen should fold forward and out.

There's a seal on the bj74 the same as the 75 in principle that goes between the roof and screen also..

Thanks, I've ordered a fibreglass replacement, an upper seal and a lower seal (or spacer as some called it). Prices for the lower seal varied between two places from $194 Au to $392 Au, both genuine, not sure how they figure that.
I've also found some other info on another forum. I scrolled through that LJ78 build for about an hour and couldnt find the section where he tackles the windscreen.
I'll post some info and images when I get to doing the job.

Where did you order your fibreglass screen from? Mine is utterly rusted out so will need a replacement. Not sure if I'll be able to get one here in NZ so next stop would be Aus.

Back