Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I'm fuming !!

joinerman

Garage
I'm fuming, No more than fuming i'm AGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Opposite the front of my house is a hedge, when i say a hedge i mean a mostly tree hedge 30-40 feet high, it runs all down the road and is a screen to block the view of an estate built the other side of the hedge, one of the conditions the estate could be built was the hedge had to remain and a preservation order was put on it, when i got home tonight a 100 foot section of the hedge right opposite the front of my house has GONE, cut off at ground level, i'm i'm i'm aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bloody hell - that's beyond annoying. Who the heck did that? Lawyers, Inc. needed .....

you must be entertaining to them? :dance:
or
maybe your wife is cute and they want a better look? :hand:
<said in jest, funny, a joke, not to be taken serious>

i can also see a lawyer coming into play here.

Yeh thing is tough no amount of lawyers/solicitors ae going to get the hedge back.

Forrestry officer is coming first thing tomorrow.

and that is probably the idea,
get fined, pay, get their way in the end and you suffer ...

maybe find out if they can be forced to replant using mature plants, they won't be 30' tall but maybe 15 or 20 is doable.

just thinking outside the box here. if you get the right judge it is surprising how this could turn out.

If there is a TPO, and it covers the trees that have been cut down, then the order covers them being re-planted.

There are a few issues - if the tree roots are interfering with foundations, or there is a high-hedge complaint, but as TPO's are generally only given to deciduous tree stock the latter is unlikely.

If they've been cut down without permission its going to cost someone a few £££ in fines.

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good to his word the forestry officer was round first thing this morning, very helpfull chap, measured up how much had been cut down, a little under 5 cubic metres of timber, nothing he can do, had it been over 5 metres he could prosecute, he advised to find out who actually owns the hedge & see if they will take action, council don't want to know so i'm onto the builders of the estate to see if they own it.
A preservation order is know only valid fo five years so the hedge isn't covered by one now, it seems that anybody can simply cut down trees/hedges as they like & get away scott free.
This is now the view i have from my front window, the trees/hedge on the left of the picture have had about 15 feet lopped off them but i know they will soon shoot up again.
Hedgeinfairacres003.jpg

Have you found out who cut them down?

very sad, looks like it went from a country street to a usual city view.

bummer.
:thumbdown:

I wouldn't be surprised if the people in that house had something to do with it to let more light into their house.
My wife came home to find our neighbours in our drive cutting down the hedge.

fridayman said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the people in that house had something to do with it to let more light into their house
I conquer! It does seem to be a very targeted stretch of trees and not even the pikeys are daft enough to steal from right next door to an occupied house. Maybe it was pikeys but they were paid for their service!!! Why not get the local press involved :)

Back