Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I'm new here as of 5-17-22

Rbreeden54

Country Flag
united_states
I purchased a 1977 FJ40 thats in pretty good condition. Its from Colorado so there is no under carriage rust and only very small minor surface rust in a few spots. It has 42K miles on it and had been sitting in a garage since 2013. I got in it and put a jumper pack on the dead battery and it started right up. I trailored it back to WI. Now I need to locate a shop or person that can restore it. Any ideas or suggestions? Im looking forward to being in this group. Thanks, Randy

Hi Rbreeden54, welcome to the forum. I don't actually have any suggestions for the restoration since I'm still learning to work on my own J7 Cruiser but you should definitely check the underside for rust since they salt the roads in Colorado. It's dry out there but if it was driven during the winter it needs to be inspected carefully for any sneaky spots.
Also, make sure all the seals are fine and not leaking after having sat for so long. My BJ73 leaks from pretty much everywhere because the guy I bought it from didn't drive it for a long time. (And he did very little maintenance on it.)
Do you have a pics of your FJ40? It would be nice to see the almost 45-year-old beauty!

Back