Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

In-car camera

Red Oktober

Garage
Country Flag
uk
I've got one of those tiny reversing cameras that came with my flip screen dvd player,

i fitted the camera to the front grille

Photo0085.jpg

Photo0084.jpg

and hooked it up to the back of the radio ...... (I've made sure i can get to the main video lead so i can plug it into the netbook when i get the other bit)

Photo0093.jpg

Mmmm I like that I have a reversing camera on my LC and another camera to mount to view the winch drum

But the monitor is a yee oldie CRT and the size of a concrete block!

Will have to into a new head unit me thinks

I bought one of those kodak sport waterproof jobbies, fantastic bit of kit and recorded nearly the whole recent overland trip that I haven't got round to editing yet.

Carl your a bad influence, I've bought a double din touch screen head unit on the bay tonight.......

jeepmadmike said:
Carl your a bad influence, I've bought a double din touch screen head unit on the bay tonight.......

Sorry Mike :oops: ... but it's usually me who is influanced by other people :oops:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just worked out how to get the car camera thru to the netbook ......... it's seriously cool .... (well for me it is anyway) :D :D :D

just uploading the pics.

Rightio then .....

here is what i can see from the camera ...
Photo0115.jpg

and here it is on both the dvd player ... and my netbook.
Photo0113.jpg

all images can be recorded ..(snapshots and video) ...video can be edited ... great peice of software .. :D :D .

That image looks like cleavage. No? I'll get my coat.

He's not representative of all men - I cant see cleavage!

Technology is great isnt it - now you dont even need to look through the windscreen to drive, you can watch the telly - its like an xbox game!

Pete

and if you do it facing backwards, it's Captain Scarlet come to life!

I've been using novus roadeye for about 2 years, and with a 16gb card get about 6 months recording. this is mounted by rear view mirror and has the advantage that it doesn't get covered with bugs or mud, has gps location speed etc useful with the "crash for cash" that is happening now. with the blackvue in work car only get a week 16gb (not a company requirement) and now I don't like driving a car with out one

When restoration is complete I'll consider installing something like that...I don't really need it I to be honest, but the thing is....I LOVE GADGETS!!! :D

Gadgets are great ... when your cab is big enough to put everything :lol: :lol: :lol:

Red Oktober said:
Gadgets are great ... when your cab is big enough to put everything :lol: :lol: :lol:
Come and have a look in mine at Lincomb, CB, satnav, hands free phone kit, laptop, altimeter, battery monitor, fridge/freezer, microwave, you name it it's in there. :lol:

Back