Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

info on coil overs

Curtiss

Country Flag
united_states
I am building a rock crawler and want to go to coil overs front and rear on my fzj 80. I was wondering if this has been done before and which coil overs were used and what the upper and lower spring rates were? I would appreciate any information that could be sent my way. I am new to this forum and if this has been discussed already could someone point me to the discussion.
:text-thankyouyello:
Thanks
Curtiss

Excuse my ignorance Curtiss, I just do a bit of offroad, but do you mean something like this?

image.jpg

I have no experience of them, just inquisitive, that's all...

Welcome to the forum, BTW

Excuse my ignorance Curtiss, I just do a bit of offroad, but do you mean something like this?

View attachment 17264

I have no experience of them, just inquisitive, that's all...

Welcome to the forum, BTW

yes that is exactly what I mean. see the separation of the springs I'm looking for the spring rate for the upper and lower spring that people may have already used based on the weight of the vehicle and the amount of lift and travel.

Total Chaos Fab in the USA use King coilovers and they build some mental trucks .

we've talked to them but they don't have information for the fzj80 they have lots of info on jeep stuff... was hoping someone on here had already done coil overs... :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I don't remember any specific posts, maybe this is your chance to pioneer them on the forum with a nice "Sticky" :lol:

well when we get it all figured out I will post what we did.

Back