Garage
Country Flag
uk
Having a mooch around GoCompare

Fully comp = £220.64
3rd Party only = £262.87

2005 120 series diesel.Auto 8 seater.

Gra.

I honestly believe sometimes they just pluck a figure out of the air and then add a fudge factor.

A few years back I got a quote for the Speed Triple I had at the time. Aviva wanted the wrong side of £1k; the exact same policy via a broker was a quarter of that amount. :doh:

I noticed recently my cover stated a mileage of 2k a year , i'm inclined to think that was my own typo error as i bought online . I phoned up to have it altered to 5k and they wanted 50 quid or something to do it . I spoke quite bluntly with resignation to the representative basically stating "whats another 50 quid as you have robbed me blind twice in a few months already" . I insure the truck without having a licence then 2 weeks later phoned to say i had passed my test this caused the cost of my policy to increase by £400 !

All of a sudden the guy i was talking to became a human being , he said scrap the 50 quid i will update your cover free of charge as we don't want to lose you as a customer . I said you have already lost me unless next years quote is a quarter of what you have cost me this year . He replied "i'm sure it will be" .

Makes you wonder doesn't it ?

Back