Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Intercooler

Gav missin

Breaking an Isuzu 3.0 diesel trooper. Took off the intercooler Saturday to strip out injectors. It my babysitting day with Harriett today and looking out of the window staring at the scoop on the bonnet started wondering if it could be made to fit on top the old gold 80. Plumbing and bracketry looks reasonably simple as does adding the scoop. Anyone got any thoughts on this good or Bad?would it lift power a little and allow for pump tweaks, not to much but enough to retain reliability. Only thinking as it all sits there. I wouldn't pay out for new as couldn't justify it on my toy. Any thoughts?

TBH, Gav, it made a difference mostly at the time being responsiveness. Had many small increment improvements since then including new injectors, full pump rebuild, tuning, and a larger 100 series turbo plus a 3-inch exhaust. All are improvements just depends on how good your setup is running beforehand.

Since then with all improvements pretty happy but can't compare to another 80 as would one to drive side by side.

TBH, Gav, it made a difference mostly at the time being responsiveness. Had many small increment improvements since then including new injectors, full pump rebuild, tuning, and a larger 100 series turbo plus a 3-inch exhaust. All are improvements just depends on how good your setup is running beforehand.

Since then with all improvements pretty happy but can't compare to another 80 as would one to drive side by side.
Ok thanks for that. I'm going to give it a go since its sitting there just goading me to make it fit. A bit more responsive throttle can't be a bad thing especially off road. Thanks for your replys.

Back