Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Interesting Google trend search result Toyota Landcruiser and Rangerover

Raj

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
I was looking at google trending stats for some songs, then randomly looked for Landcruiser and rangerovers. The result was interesting as there are clear Landcruiser and rangerover territories

1639953510480.png

Interesting @Raj, it means that we are the minority in the country, being completely dominanted by the Rangie enthusiasts…

And there is no google in most of the African countries :) As I recalled, there are still plenty of LandCruisers still roaming around Africa…

Doesn't give the context of the searches as far as my non existant knowledge of tech supposes, after all its headed ''breakdown by region'' ;)
Could be google hits of people drooling over wishing to buy a RR or desperate for info how to fix the thing without bankrupting themselves when its crapped in its knickers again.

RR is bound to be more popular where the height of adventure and the risk relating to fatal breakdown is the school run :lol:

Cruisers win where your life depends on your vehicle .

In UK Landcruiser owners are minority but at global level, it looks 50:50. It looks like All tough terrain countries, Landcruiser is popular and in more advanced transport parts RR is trending. I didn’t include Lexus versions of Landcruiser and other 4x4s of JLR. It will be interesting to see how data looks like.

As others have mentioned ....Landcruiser if you need a 4x4 :cool: and Range Rover and JLR if you aspire to a lifestyle .

As an aside a customer mentioned the other day that he had purchased a new JLR Defender for his wife..... it was already in the show room but needed a few accessories adding that the wife wanted.
After a few days he got a phone call from the dealer service manager explaining that the turbo had failed on it as it was driven to another site to have the accessories fitted so delivery would be delayed.... by 4 or 5 months because the turbos are on backorder ..... one Defender cancelled ....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I was having mine MOT last week, and in the garage there was a defender in for some interior door panels renewed. I asked if it was his, he said “No No, I owned 3 of them before and they were all money pits”. Said someone who has been in the mechanic field for around 20 years.

It's interesting how we interpret visualisations. If you have a play around on trends.google.com you can see that globally RR gets about 3 times the hits of LC. At first glance the map looks about 50:50, but of course Russia, Australia and Kazakhstan are doing some heavy lifting for relatively low populations. Problem always comes when you take a dynamic visualisation tool and pick static images. Lies, dammed lies, etc.

Not at all a critiism of the OP. Interesting site to highlight. You can compare terms like "land cruiser repair" and "range rover repair" too. Interestingly RR still leads the way, but much less than 3X. Could of course reflect the chances of a LC owner rolling their sleeves up. Or being able to empty the ash tray without lifting the body off.

Back