Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is that "REX" in the background?

Gosh, that was from a while ago... Muxley is parked back up the hill, round the corner; I think it was our first proper jolly offroad :cool:

Messy. The chap in the Disco is apparently quite an experienced offroader - I think he ought to have known better. The first landy, Jim & I drove around the hole but probably should have turned back having heard rumours about the lanes status :oops:

Out of interest, I wonder what is the state of play with this lane now... Did the repair works ever happen? I'd be happy to lend a hand if needed; its a good lane...

Gav Peter said:
Gosh, that was from a while ago... Muxley is parked back up the hill, round the corner; I think it was our first proper jolly offroad :cool:

Messy. The chap in the Disco is apparently quite an experienced offroader - I think he ought to have known better. The first landy, Jim & I drove around the hole but probably should have turned back having heard rumours about the lanes status :oops:

Out of interest, I wonder what is the state of play with this lane now... Did the repair works ever happen? I'd be happy to lend a hand if needed; its a good lane...

It still in a mess, I was up there last week. Ruts deeper, longer, but water running through ok so no puddle.

Hey Keith, a big bloke I've never met before with a tricked up orange disco was asking me if I'd seen you recently, what you been up to then :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon Wildsmith said:
Hey Keith, a big bloke I've never met before with a tricked up orange disco was asking me if I'd seen you recently, what you been up to then :lol:

Hi Jon, dunno mate, but I'll guarantee you whatever it was I enjoyed it..... :mrgreen:

:think: I'm wondering what torrent of LC abuse is going to result from Graham's post clarifying that the thugs in boots and camo aren't LR/Disco owners or drivers :lol:

Hi Andrew,
Perhaps some one may want to link this thread to the LR forum post I pasted in 1st post here.

perhaps the "Thugs" were really the LR owners themselves?

Gra.

Hi Graham,
I am also a member (very inactive) on LZ and my experience was that 90% of the chatter was about flaming and winding each other up, especially anyone owning a non-LR marque.
I think us pointing fingers from here is going to disturb the hornets' nest - plus this thread has Gav making a very honorable confession that he could have done things differently perhaps, which is 100% fair enough in my books. Is it worth the risk of a cross-forum slanging match? I'm thinking "sleeping dogs" but happy to sit and watch if anyone wants to link across :lol: My 2c

There really is no need to fear the Ramblers is there :cry: .......with so much masochistic personality against each other in one hobby :naughty: .....Ramblers are laughing there little Bobble hats off. :hand: :hand: :hand:

Andrew Prince said:
Hi Graham,
I am also a member (very inactive) on LZ and my experience was that 90% of the chatter was about flaming and winding each other up, especially anyone owning a non-LR marque.
I think us pointing fingers from here is going to disturb the hornets' nest - plus this thread has Gav making a very honorable confession that he could have done things differently perhaps, which is 100% fair enough in my books. Is it worth the risk of a cross-forum slanging match? I'm thinking "sleeping dogs" but happy to sit and watch if anyone wants to link across :lol: My 2c
No chance am I going to linky over.
The ammount of shit that flies on that side of the fence is amazing.

GRa.

You really shouldn't be playing with the naughty boys from across the road !

They will call you names and give you nits, and even worse, they carry the RustBug with them wherever they go.

If you must make fun of them, don't let their carers catch you.

:cool:

Gav has a beard? Didn't see that coming....is that why they assumed he owned a Landy....

Pete

Back