Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just when you think......

Zeusv8

You have finally sorted all the wee niggly and not so niggly problems,you get another one!!
When starting yesterday it seemed a bit "vacant" on fire up like it stopped the ignition process for a second and same this morning from cold but it took two attempts . I have just restarted it while hot. The starter turned over then stopped so on second attempt it took a bit longer to fire the engine.
Is this the symptoms of starter contacts ? Thanks for any help

Bit of a strange one that, contacts is usually no life when you turn the key or reluctant to turn, not turn for a bit then stop. Could be the starter solenoid contacts, but the ignition switch or other wiring might be more likely.

Might be the gremlins again! Seems to start worse when engine is warm but there are no other issues with performance . I'll just drive it till it decides its going to break, spent a fortune on it in the last month. It's become Liability instead of reliability

I plugged in an obd2 reader to see if there were any codes in the system relating to engine performance etc and found none.
I exited the reader and unplugged. I started the engine a few hours later and the vsc/trc and vsc off lights came on and stayed on. No engine light or any other issues so I plugged in obd2 again and still no codes . Maybe it's not compatible with Toyota but now I have an immense pain in my b%#++ks with this pile of shite.
So does anyone know wtf is up with this shitheap?
Thank you for any help and any anger management tips you might have

ODB2 is for the engine, doesn't cover stuff like vsc/trc, you'd need either a Toyota diagnostics unit or one of the more advanced generic ones I think. The FSM details how to get the fault code manually in the diagnostics section, pretty easy to do. Punch bag for the anger management tip, works for me.

Thanks Jon,if it stays on I'll go to Mr.T for a diagnostic. Seems strange it came on after obd2 was plugged in but might be unrelated just like this truck is with every other Toyota amazon.... Unrelated

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Apparently when a non Toyota obd2 is connected it throws out the abs part of the Ecu according to a 4runner forum. This flashes up vsc crap .A zero point calibration is needed to reset this, which sounds like fun! I'll let you know how many fuses I blow(in the car also!)

Zero point calibration is not fun, I'd try disconnecting the batteries for a bit first to reset the ECU's and hope it goes away.

Back