Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

K&N oil filters

fridayman

Garage
Has anyone used these, or heard anything good / bad about them?

OK, I will answer my own question :)

K&N oil filters are made by Champion Labs, one of the largest manufacturers of oil filters - they make a quite a wide range of filters from budget like Supertech, up to some of the best like Mobil 1 or K&N. They also make many OEM filters.

I'm going to give them a try.

Is this for your 90? If so, how much are they?

Obviously you would hope that the "top-end" filters would provide better filtration and be better constructed. However, given the relatively low service intervals of the 90 (both Petrol and Diesels) I'm not sure whether the extra gains would be worth it? :?

I've done a couple of oil changes recently and the OEM ones from Toyota are around £10.00 inc sump washer. The K&N or Mobil ones would have to offer substantial benefits, over and above the OEM filters for me to consider them.

I have only done 2 filter changes myself so far (at 6000 mile intervals), and both times the truck was running a little rougher just before the oil change. I am now thinking about doing oil changes every 5000 miles and change the filter every second time.

The K&N filters worked out to about £13 each delivered.

fridayman said:
and change the filter every second time.

It's deffinately worth changing the filter at every oil change. For the minimal extra cost it's a no brainer :)

Back