Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC100 Tire Sizes on OE Suspension

LC100

Greetings,

I am a new LC100 owner after going through many Rubicons, FJ's, Xterra's with an SAS swap. I am well versed in the offroad arena however have heavily modifed all the vehicle I have owned and want to keep my LC stock with a slightly more aggressive tire is all. So, Short story long is....The OE tires are 275/60/18 which limits my choices. My question is, can I go to a 275/65/18 which is a small change however opens up many more choices without running into any "rub"? I am checking to see if anyone has gone through this already before I spend $800+ on new tires.
Another choice would be to go to a 265/65/18 which is a narrower tire of course. I want to open up my choices to a BFG All Terrain and not be stuck with Scorpions. Thank you in advance.

John
[email protected]

HI i run cooper stt 275/70/18 on my lc100 with just a small trim to the front mudflap and inner wing plastic cover -easy job:icon-biggrin:

120520121315.jpg

Pete,

Thank you for the input. How do you address the slight oversize tire as to the "spare" storage underneath or do you have swing out carrier on the rear?

you will find a lot of discussion about this subject on ih8mud.com in the 100 series section. A 33 and a little bigger will fit in the standard spare space ok but most 35's won't unless they're not really a 35.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back