Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Leather seats V canvas seat covers

phil the brewer

Evening all,

I am new to landcruisers as I only have mine for the last 2 weeks. I have already started looking for mods and have been shopping around.
One of the things I was looking at adding were canvas seat covers, my lc3 has leather seats but as I am probably keeping this for many years to come so need to keep the seats in good order.
Would I be better off looking after the leather properly or getting a front set of canvas covers.
Cheers
Phil

I've not much understood it when you have nice comfy leather seats and then cover them all the time with a seat cover :think:
The leather wipes clean quite easily and with plenty of good cream will last for years. Sure, maybe not as long as if you had covers on them but then your 'cruiser would last longer if you wrapped it in plastic and left it in the garage.

I have some slight cracking on the bolster but that's 'cause my large backside drags over it as I get in :whistle:

I have some cheapy covers and have used them on occasion when I've been in mud but even then, it's not essential. The seat gets a bit of grime on it and it wipes off.

If you're a muddy farmer who is in and out of it all day... sure ;)

Thanks again Crispin,

I will stick with the leather seats, just wasn't sure if there would have been major advantages going with the canvas, there is just a little bit of wear on the bolster which doesn't look to bad for 70,000 miles. Just a tad excited with my cruiser. Will get some leather Genie for them. Just saved me some money, pints on me ha ha
Cheers
Phil

Ps no doubt I will have some more posts in the future so thanks in advance.

I agree with Crispin on seat covers - I put cheap covers in the front of my 100 when I'm off getting dirty not to protect the seat but because it's easier to pull the covers off afterwards than it is to clean the seats :) Then my daughter and her horse mad pals pile in and leave horse muck all over and I wonder why I bother :roll:

My eldest is only a toddler so worst I have to worry about is some juice and crumbs well so far anyway I'm sure that will change over the years though !

phil the brewer said:
...I'm sure that will change over the years though !

Don't count on it, I'm still waiting.. and my oldest is 14!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back