Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dave2000

Supporter
Country Flag
spain
Hi all, I have just noticed that if I remove the tick from the 'stay logged in' box on this site I cannot actually log in? Initially it looks like you have but when you try to do anything there is a message saying you need to log in to do whatever. I automatically remove the tick when logging in, but if you don't remember to 'log out' then the next person using your computer can simply click on the link and they are in! I am not a fan of this idea and have actually contacted admin about it with no reply as of yet. The option should actually be there for you to 'tick' the box ONLY if you want to stay logged in.

I have tried this on a number occasions and can confirm this is the case, yes it is easier and quicker, but if you think about it, once in your account details, emails address, perhaps phone numbers and so forth are there for all and sundry, given that online information is always a security risk I why make it easier, would like to hear your thoughts?

Regards

Dave

If it's working like that, it sounds like a bug to me!

The 'stay logged in' box should be optional and only ticked if you want that - it shouldn't stop the site from working...

As you say, leaving any site logged in is a security risk if you're using a public computer.

Possibly, but it has never been like this before? Either way I hope admin pick this up.

Regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've always been logged in since putting password in once. I now can't see how to log out?

Click on your username at the very top right, then there is a logout option on the bottom of the menu

I tend to 'un tick' the box as I am logging in, it is there right in front of me so less inclined to forget to log out.

regards

Dave

Back