Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New clutch questions

Lorin

Having now sourced a lovely low mileage gearbox :D I am also going to replace the clutch when it is fitted.

Given that the truck is going to be driven overland, pretty loaded up, and over some difficult terrain is there any point in fitting an uprated clutch?

As I have some clutch judder I am going to get the flywheel skimmed. I know this may just be the clutch itself but I figure it isn't worth putting it all back together to find it still judders. :thumbdown:

In order to do the job thoroughly what else should be replaced at the same time?

Am I right in thinking that Exedy clutches are essentially OEM? Does anyone have any suggesting where would be a good place to source one from? I will use Ian for everything I can but not sure if a clutch is a bit big.

Spigot/pilot bearing, I have never taken a flywheel off one of these, but check to see if there are any core plugs behind the flywheel & for there condition..

Hi
My clutch judders , especially after damp weather = rust. All I do is give it a good/high rev slip and it polishes off the pressure plate and flywheel. Might be worth doing this with yours. Difficult to get a reliable machine shop. Could be if you have constant judder it is just the pressure plate at fault or maybe oil.

Frank

Back