Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New guy but not new to Toyota

Greg G

Country Flag
united_states
Hi Everyone.
I bought my first new Toyota in 1978 but I have mostly owned cars and CUVs. I have a 2019 4Runner ORP and love it but I have always wanted a Land Cruiser. I have the means to buy one but I just don't know what I want. I would like to have a FJ40 but don't think I want something I have to wrench on and then again, maybe I do. A late model one would be nice but I don't know. I understand Toyota is pulling the plug on them here in the U.S.. So anyway, I would like to hang out here and learn more about Land Cruisers and eventually I might be able to figure out what I want and be able to contribute to the forums. Thanks, Greg in TX

Hello Greg and welcome.....

It may be worth you searching through the different model forums on here to get a feel of the pros and cons of the different models and the variations within those ranges.

My son who lives in the Rockies in Alberta (Canada) has an older 4Runner, well two actually as one for spares as it fell off the road in the snow and ice, so the body is bent but the mechanics are still good. He wasn't injured but did spill his coffee!

Anything you want to question re the different models, just ask as there are some very knowledgeable folk on here.

Regards,

Rodger

Thanks for the welcome, Roger. Sorry about your son sliding off the icy road. Hopefully a little spilled coffee was the worst of it. I plan to read FAQs and do searches best I can without asking a lot of annoying questions that have already been answered. I belong to a lot of forums and know how it is with noobs. I don't know why I never bought a Land Cruiser other than they just never seemed to fit my practicality needs. I retired a couple of years ago and practicality is not much of an issue now. I like my 4Runner but think I might want to step up to something else.

Back