Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

new LC 100 owner!

rkubin999

Country Flag
canada
hi folks,

recently purchased a 2001 japan spec hdj101 1hd-fte a442f turbo diesel. the vehicle is currently in waterford ireland, and i have yet to even see it in person... we are a canadian and new zealand couple, currently living in san francisco, and preparing for a 2 months overland expedition across north and west africa. we wanted a diesel 100 and found this one via Fred at . it has already been equipped for africa overlanding and had completed a trip from ireland to south africa by the previous owner. we are so excited, but also very frustrated in that we can't yet get our hands on it for further prep and to get to know it.

we will be leaving nov.1, with a route taking us through morocco, deep into the sahara in mauritania, then south through mali, senegal, guinea, sierra leone.

i tried posting a link to our website, but looks like i need to have 15 posts under my belt first. if anyone is interested, look up projectjoyglobal.org/saharabound.

there are a number of things i am researching, from transmission questions and sources for fsm to route planning and gps coordinates, that i am hoping that members here can help with. of course, i will do my best to search posts before posting new.

regards, rick.

Attachments

• LC_IRE.jpg
    LC_IRE.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 132
Hi Rick,
Already looking forward to this trip report (all be it a long way off). Had a quick look at your web site and this looks like an interesting adventure.
Regards
Ian

Thanks Ian. I will try to update the website with more planning info as we go.

Rick

Welcome! When you get to Bordeaux, pop in for a cuppa! we are an hour east ;) Looking fwd to this adventure

Back