Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New member! :-D

JJ1987

Country Flag
united_states
Hiiiiii,

I'm JJ. Seeking some guidance. Hoping to purchase a BJ40 in the next year. Thoughts, anyone?

I'm not shy. Say hello!

Welcome JJ

I think your best bet to start with would be to have a good read through the 40 section threads, then introduce yourself a bit more and perhaps once you've got past the magic 15 posts, put some links and photos on here to trucks you're interested in.

This is a real friendly forum and the guys on here just love introductions and photos. Especially the photos [emoji6].

Good luck with your search.

Richard

Hi, Richard.

Thanks much for welcome, as well as the suggestions! I've been reading a ton. I suppose I need to start posting more... I do love the photos of refurb projects! My search has been difficult, given my proclivity for all things diesel:text-baaa:, but I'll be patient in my search.

The hardest thing thus far is getting an idea of the value/price for purchasing. I'm willing to spend some $, but don't want to get ripped off. Its tough because numbers are all over the place, but I'm starting to get an idea. The reading will continue.

Thanks again!

~JJ

Welcome JJ, looking forward to you getting a project going.

Hi! Thanks for the welcome :icon-biggrin:. My first project will be more research eventually leading to a purchase. Looking to buy sometime in the next year...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hello, Tony!
Thanks for the welcome.
I've been wanting to post more this week, but work keeps getting in the way of what I'd rather be doing. Is it FRIDAY yet?!

~JJ

Hi JJ,

I just noticed 'my proclivity for all things diesel' but you are in the US... not many imported but when you start the search to buy you might consider looking in Canada as the diesels were imported there. I realise that it is not just round the corner but at least it's on the same continent. Also a good selection in France and they'll be LHD.

Good luck

bj6.JPGBJ resto 4.jpg:text-welcomeconfet:Hi JJ

My best advise is to look at loads,drive them all and dont buy one until you have looked at 10 at the very least. Read this forum for do & donts areas to watch out for and then take a running punt at it.
This is my BJ41 JDM power steering disc brakes and AC before & after.
Good luck
Bob

Hi Rodger! Forgive the delay. Crazy busy with work & other adult responsibilities. LOL I have noticed quite a few in Canada & California. Odd. I am still looking, thus far hasn't been very promising, but I knew it wouldn't be easy. I read somewhere that France would be worth importing from. Still trying to get an idea how much I'm willing to spend... Thank you for your wisdom. :)

Hi, Bob! Thanks for the welcome, photos & good luck. I need it!! I have driven a few locally, but there's no diesel models that I can find anywhere in my locale. I've been focusing on other states, & Canada mostly. Going to continue searching until I find just what I'm seeking. Did you complete all of the work yourself? Purdy!

Back