Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New to 4x4 and landcruisers.

Josh Dales

Country Flag
australia
Your name: Josh
Your Cruiser: hzj75, 91 model with 415xxxklm
Mods on your Cruiser: Pretty granny spec, 2 inch lift, diffent seats in the front, rear bar with dual wheels currently, bullbar, snorkel, winch, two halogen lights.
Plans for your Cruiser: since covid restrictions here in Vic , my partner and I have been planning to get out of the state , re locate back up home after doing some travel. We'll be towing a tinny , have some ideas drifting around , contemplating fitting a rooftop tent to the tinny trailer to double as a bit of a camper .. wanna keep things pretty simple, first things first to do all the necessary checks since I haven't actually spent any time with this car yet..
4x4 Experience: n/a
Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: so, picked this cruiser up at an inflated rate, seems like they've come up in price in the last 6 months? Inspected it briefly, it's fairly straight, no visible rust , did find a patch under passenger floor lino which is being cut out and replaced before I get my hands on it, has had a reco box and new clutch fitted ,
The car yard I got it from has been a nightmare to deal with, can't really trust any of their work, so its first stop will be to my mechanic down here to ensure they've done the right thing with RWC , then onto the restoration/maintenance.

Excited and nervous for the journey ahead.. will post a bunch of pictures once I've got it. (Couple more sleeps)

Welcome to the club Josh sounds like you have a fair truck to work with and have yourself a rolling restoration and from your write up if you have a breakdown not to worry about it as you can get a grab a granny anywhere anytime

Haha so.. finally got my hands on the trooper... You couldn't imagine the state of this thing, let alone how they've "tried" to hide the issues.

Top 5 issues
A pillars so rusty you can out a fingernail through them,
Tailshaft has M6 bolts with two nuts on each bolt, more play than the broncos this year
Battery tray in 8 pieces ,
Harmonic balancer unboned from crank pulley, can move with hands,
Rear brake proportioning valve and arm removed completely ,
Found 30 more issues just in RWC in a day.

Somehow this POS has passed a RWC, looks like the troopy dream has ended early. Was foolish enough to trust a man's word, off to VCAT we go

Do you not have any redress over the description by the seller or is VCAT your trading standards body

Yeah they're helping me out, I sent them the defected roadworthy with 115 photos with a request for full refund, the cars so far gone and they've deemed themselves incompetent with the work they've done, on Monday they're sending another truck for my mechanic to go over, If it's no good I'll be going to VCAT with the dodgy rwc they supplied, hopefully doesn't get to that but we'll see

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
115 pictures sounds like a documentary best of luck for monday and hopefully you get a good one and a bloody nice discount for your trouble

Back